Liberal Democrats believe in an open, optimistic, caring, diverse and tolerant Britain. We champion the rights of the individual to freedom and equality.
We believe in a fair society and a sound economy and seek solutions to local and national needs based on carefully analysed evidence, not on prejudice, tradition or self-interest.
- To provide good quality housing – energy efficient, of a good design and the type people want in the right locations
- To set up a housing company to invest in building local market and affordable homes rather than investing in commercial properties outside the district.
- To improve support to village neighbourhood plan teams and work to reduce the impact of major developments,
- To make sure planning enforcement is effective. Rules are not there to be broken
- To invest in renewable energy and energy storage to combat climate change
- To improve public transport, particularly to our more remote rural locations, and to increase cycling facilities.
- To protect the environment, our vital heritage and open spaces and our special quality of life in Mid Suffolk
- To encourage recycling and work towards a food waste collection and a reduction in single use plastic