County Council Election tomorrow, don’t forget to vote it’s vital for democracy. I am the Liberal Democrat Candidate. I enjoy representing you and I hope you will vote for me.
I have kept you informed through “In Touch” over the last four years letting you know what I have delivered, what the challenges are and what the County is trying to do.
Do you feel I have worked hard enough for you to select me again? I hope so and look forward to a tough four years as the UK changes its position and influence in the world and the County makes its contribution.
For the next four years, My targets will be:
- To continue to deliver on local issues and needs, tackling problems that impact directly on your life.
- To organise a Gipping Valley effort to develop a plan for our highways that will allow the housing expansion necessary to meet local needs without creating road chaos.
- To continue to insist Highways respond to your needs effectively and maintain out roads well.
- To make sure public transport and park and ride schemes are not further damaged,
- To ensure the County makes the maximum commitment it can afford to social care, reducing the impact on the NHS of unfulfilled need and using, not hoarding in reserves, the funds it has.
- To help local groups support and construct new facilities in the area.
- To remain deeply involved with improvements to the efficiency and effectiveness of County services.
- Advocating investment where it will cut long-term costs, improving quality of life and reduce demand for services.