Brilliant to see the EADT taking the issues faced by unpaid carers – particularly working-age women – so seriously.
Their coverage today:
highlights many of the problems and inequities faced by women carers in Suffolk: longterm stress, poverty, loss of career, pension, loneliness, the often infantile and wholly inadequate nature of the ‘support’ on offer.
And as the LibDem Green and Independent Group’s spokesperson for Women I suggest the problems experienced by carers would be less hidden if Suffolk County Council made themselves more aware of the challenges facing women in the county!
Update: To ensure that the people of Suffolk have had every opportunity to give their views on the devolution of the county ahead of Suffolk County Council’s meeting at the start of November, you can continue to send comments and/or questions regarding devolution up to the beginning of November via
- Email: email@example.com
- Letter – write to: East Anglia Devolution, Norfolk County Council, Ground floor – South Wing, County Hall, Martineau Lane, NR1 2DH
- Phone: 0345 6031842
Alternatively, people can get in touch with Suffolk County Council directly by
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Letter addressed to : Suffolk County Council Endeavour House 8 Russell Road, Ipswich Suffolk IP1 2BX
Read my account of my, and other LibDem councillors’ reservations , here
- Do you want a Mayor for Suffolk? or do you think a Mayor for Suffolk is a waste of money?
- Is loosening links with goverment a good idea or will it just create a fourth tier of government and a lot of extra bureaucracy?
- Will it provide more welcome development or is it just concreting over our beauty spots?
Whatever your views on the Suffolk/Norfolk DEVOLUTION deal, they won’t be taken into account unless you respond to the consultation.
You can do this online or download and send in a paper version (here via a websit which gives you the positive points; my reservations can be found here), or email your views to: HaveYourSay@norfolk.gov.uk
CLOSING DATE: 23 AUGUST