Here’s a scary fact: 96% of us rely on the other 4% to give blood.
So, if you’re generally healthy and aged between 17 and 65, why not do something amazing? Give blood too. The NBS staff down at the Woodbridge Community Centre sessions will only be too glad to help you.
I started very regular blood donation when my brother – who had the same blood group as myself – became ill with a rare cancer, and every couple of weeks would need pints of blood as a transfusion. His illness lasted no more than six months – and that was thirty years ago.
Do you know, all the blood I have given since then, all 128 pints of it, would probably only just about cover the amount he was given during his illness. It really makes you think.
Heres a picture I took on Friday last as I gave my latest pint down in Woodbridge Community Hall.
They have regular blood donation sessions in Woodbridge, Kesgrave and Martlesham as well as a number in Ipswich. You can search for a session here:
Suffolk workers are not highly paid (last year 40% of all workers in Suffolk were paid less than £17,000 a year – and £17000 is over £8500 LESS than the national average wage. A tenth of Suffolk workers were paid £6000 or less) .
Modest salaries indeed – except when it comes to the eye-wateringly high salaries dished out to the top execs at Suffolk County Council. Just to remind you, the Chief Executive is paid £230.000 per annum, plus pension and expenses. Suffolk County Council leader Jeremy Pembroke’s rationale: “The people who live in Suffolk need and deserve the very best.”
TEMPORARY CLOSURE OF PART OF THE U3628 THE THOROUGHFARE, WOODBRIDGE AND SUSPENSION
Suffolk County Council intends to make an order closing the U3628 The Thoroughfare, Woodbridge outside no. 88 next to the Red Lion Public House to enable repairs to a collapsed sewer. Other coordinated works may also take place during this period.
Access will be open for pedestrians and cyclists.
The diversion route will be via Lime Kiln Quay Road, Quay Side and Quay Street.
It is intended that the closure will operate on 4 July 2010 and 11 July 2010, but if necessary the order may remain in force for longer
During the closure, The Suffolk County Council (Parish of Woodbridge) (Various Roads) (Traffic Regulation) Order 1975 will be suspended for access purposes insofar as it relates to one-way traffic in The Thoroughfare.
Caroline Page, LibDem County Councillor for Woodbridge
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.