On Saturday 4 March Suffolk’s very own Baroness Ros Scott joined Lib Dem party chair Baroness Sal Brinton to launch the Suffolk Lib Dem party manifesto for the elections in May.
We have now had had a decade of conservative cuts letting local people down. Since 2005 the Conservatives have run the County Council, consistently reducing services, rather than looking after the real needs of local people. Suffolk Liberal Democrats believe there is a better way and we need urgent action in some important areas.
Suffolk Lib Dems’ SIX priorities for local people
- Provide a £5m boost to adult social care
- Invest in the infrastructure to support new housing – roads, schools and doctor’s surgeries
- Fund a county-wide mental health programme in schools
- Fix our roads and pavements
- Invest in local bus services and make park and ride buses more frequent
- Protect our libraries
And there’s more. Read our full manifesto here
And here is the EADT’s angle on it